This program features works for voices augmented by exceptional instrumentalists and innovative systems of electronics. Bass clarinetist Carlos Cordeiro, trombonist Will Lang, and International Contemporary Ensemble’s Jacob Greenberg on celesta will join with the voices of Ekmeles. The program includes classic works by established masters of vocal and electronic music, as well as new works written expressly for Ekmeles.
- Kaija Saariaho – Tag des Jahres arr. Rachid Safir (2001)
- Nathan Davis – The Sand Reckoner (2017) New York Premiere
- Ann Cleare – Earth Waves (2018) World Premiere
- Bernhard Lang – Hermetica V – Fremde Sprachen (2011/12)
Ekmeles personnel for concert
- Charlotte Mundy, soprano
- Stephanie Lamprea, soprano
- Elisa Sutherland, mezzo soprano
- Timothy Parsons, countertenor
- Brian Giebler, tenor
- Jeffrey Gavett, baritone and director
- Steven Hrycelak, bass
Guest artists for concert
Ekmeles’s 2018-2019 season is made possible with funds from the Amphion Foundation, and the generosity of private donors.
Composition of Earth Waves by Ann Cleare funded by the Ernst von Siemens Music Foundation.
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.