This program celebrates the history and future of unaccompanied part song, and the interaction between human and animal voices. At the center of the program is the U.S. premiere of Salvatore Sciarrino’s epic 12 Madrigali
- Karola Obermüller – mass:distance:time (2010/16)
- Claus-Steffen Mahnkopf – void – un delitto italiano (2009)
- Salvatore Sciarrino – 12 Madrigali (2006) U.S. Premiere
- Carola Bauckholt – Instinkt (2007/8) U.S. Premiere
Ekmeles personnel for concert
- Charlotte Mundy, soprano
- Amber Evans, soprano
- Elisa Sutherland, mezzo soprano
- Tim Keeler, countertenor
- Nickolas Karageorgiou, tenor
- Jeffrey Gavett, baritone and director
- Steven Hrycelak, bass
Ekmeles’s 2018-2019 season is made possible with funds from the Amphion Foundation, The Aaron Copland Fund for Music, and the generosity of private donors.
Ekmeles in Manhattan Spring 2019 is made possible in part with public funds from Creative Engagement, supported by New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by LMCC; and funding from the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation and administered by LMCC.
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.