Ekmeles performs sacred music in the atmospheric crypt of Church of the Intercession. The program features two Ekmeles commissions and one world premiere, representing a wide range of styles and influences.
- Courtney Bryan – A Time for Everything (2013) Ekmeles commission
- Shawn Jaeger – New Work (2019) World premiere
- Wolfgang Rihm – Sieben Passions-Texte (2001-2006)
- Julius Eastman – Our Father (1989)
Ekmeles personnel for concert
- Charlotte Mundy, soprano
- Elisa Sutherland, mezzo soprano
- Tim Keeler, countertenor
- Steven Bradshaw, tenor
- Jeffrey Gavett, baritone and director
- Steven Hrycelak, bass
Ekmeles’s 2019-2020 season is made possible with funds from the Amphion Foundation, The Aaron Copland Fund for Music, The Alice M. Ditson Fund, The Fritz Reiner Center for Contemporary Music, and the generosity of private donors.
This program is made possible in part with public funds from Creative Engagement, supported by New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by LMCC; and funding from the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation and administered by LMCC.
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.