January 21, 2023 at 7:30PM, at Our Saviour’s Atonement Lutheran Church, Ekmeles sings live premieres of works previously only recorded during quarantine, as well as a US and World premiere.
- Corie Rose Soumah – New Work (2022) World Premiere
- Jeff Myers – Advice to a Migraineure (2019) Live Premiere
- Mark Andre – 3 (2015) US Premiere
- Artun Çekem – Silicone Skin and Fleshy Masses (2021) Live Premiere
- Josep Sanz – King Lear (2008)
Total duration of the program is approximately 75 minutes without intermission.
Personnel for concert
- Charlotte Mundy, soprano
- Elisa Sutherland, mezzo soprano
- Jonathan May, countertenor
- Steven Bradshaw, tenor
- Jeffrey Gavett, baritone and director
- Steven Hrycelak, bass
Ekmeles’s 2022-2023 season is made possible with funds from the Amphion Foundation, The Aaron Copland Fund for Music, The Alice M. Ditson Fund, The Fritz Reiner Center for Contemporary Music, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature. This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.