Monday, May 1, 2023, at 7:30PM, Ekmeles joins with Sandbox Percussion to perform world premiere works by students at the Chicago Center for Contemporary Music at the University of Chicago. This is a reschedule of a twice-COVID-delayed program!
- Baldwin Giang – our chinatown, their chinatown (2021) WP
- Yuting Tan – Fire and Spice (2021) WP
- Justin Weiss – My Life in Branches (2021) WP
- Kari Watson – [ of desire (2021) WP
- Maria Kaoutzani – More Silent (Than Ever) (2021) WP
- Paul Novak – dream catalog (2021) WP
Personnel for concert
- Charlotte Mundy, soprano
- Rachel Calloway, mezzo soprano
- Jeffrey Gavett, baritone and director
- Steven Hrycelak, bass
Ekmeles’s 2022-2023 season is made possible with funds from the Amphion Foundation, The Aaron Copland Fund for Music, The Alice M. Ditson Fund, The Fritz Reiner Center for Contemporary Music, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature. This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council. Ekmeles is a recipient of the 2023 Ernst von Siemens Music Foundation Ensemble Prize.
Tags: Baldwin Giang, Justin Weiss, Kari Watson, Maria Kaoutzani, Paul Novak, Yuting Tan