April 7th at the Cathedral of St. John in Albuquerque, NM, and April 9th at St. Peter’s Church in Chelsea, New York, Ekmeles performs works from the UNM Robb Composers Symposium.
Works by members of Ekmeles will be performed alongside works by world premieres of composers of the UNM Robb Composers’ Symposium.
- Charlotte Mundy – New Work (2022) WP
- Jeffrey Gavett – Waves (2019)
- Karola Obermüller – Mass:Distance:Time (2010/2016)
- Peter Gilbert – As the waters began to rise (2022) WP
- Patricia Alessandrini – New Work (2022) WP
- José-Luis Hurtado – All the names (2016) WP
- Anthony Braxton – Compositions 245 & 255 (2000)
Personnel for concert
- Charlotte Mundy, soprano
- Elisa Sutherland, mezzo soprano
- Tim Keeler, countertenor
- Eric Dudley, tenor
- Jeffrey Gavett, baritone and director
- Steven Hrycelak, bass
- William Lang, trombone
Ekmeles’s 2021-2022 season is made possible with funds from the Amphion Foundation, The Aaron Copland Fund for Music, The Alice M. Ditson Fund, The Fritz Reiner Center for Contemporary Music, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature. The New York portion of this program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.